Email designer is an app that allows you to customize and send automated emails for your Altru transactions. This tool is useful for different types of emails for eTickets because through it you can send messages with tickets in PDF form. Guests are no longer need to click on the link to download the ticket since it was already replaced by a ticket in PDF form.
In this guide, you will learn what are the types of emails for eTickets, the components of each email, and some of the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) that we received regarding this topic.
How to set-up your emails in three (3) steps:
1. Write your email in Google Docs or Microsoft word
- We recommend that you first draft your email to Google docs or Microsoft word and check that you include all the merge fields that you need.
2. Create your query and note type with Altru for your email
- Make sure that your query identifies who the receivers of the email are. Create a Note type in Altru to be able to monitor if the emails were sent.
3. Setup the Email Designer with your content and query.
- To be able to send out this email, put together the content and the query to the Email Designer.
The process of setting up your emails starts from running the query and feeding it to the Email Designer. If there are individuals who match the query, an email for that particular person will be sent out. Once the email was sent out, the app will grab a copy of it and attach it to Altru as Note Type so there will be an email attached inside the particular sales order.
Three (3) Types of Emails for eTickets
1. eTicket Email is great for sending out a PDF that auto generated an eTicket number and a PDF with their tickets.
There are two emails that Altru sends out. The first email is about what the guests’ purchased and the second is the link to their eTicket.
With the use of the Email Designer, we will replace the second email that Altru sends which is the link to their ticket with our eTicket email where we will instead attach a PDF to the tickets.
2. Reminder Email is great for sending out a reminder of their upcoming visit with tickets attached as a PDF. This email can go out the day of or one day before.
3. Post Visit Email is great for following up with guests who have visited. You can send a membership offer or just collect feedback on their experience.
It is an email to thank the guests for visiting. Typically sent out the day or the following day after the visit.You can send this email without PDF or tickets.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. Do these emails account for sales orders over the phone, online and in person?
- The discussed type of emails above will account for all three types of sales methods. You can also exclude a specific sales method at the query level.
2. If I manually resend an email, will my tickets be updated?
- Yes, If you resend an email the tickets will be generated at the time the email is being sent.
3. If I delete the note type from the sales order, will the email go out with the right tickets?
- Yes, the query is looking at sales orders that do not have a note type and sends an email. If you remove the note type from the sales order, another version of an email will get off with another PDF. Typically, you won’t be doing this unless you need to resend it.
4. If I open the eTicket preview on the Email Designer, will I see the latest ticket available?
- Yes, you will see the latest ticket available whenever you click on the link
The purpose of this documentation is to help you understand the three (3) types of eTicket emails, and how these emails work so that it will be easier for you to create and set up eTicket emails based on their type for your organization.