Data Bridge is a great tool that makes it possible for your Altru records and data from mail providers such as ActiveCampaign, ConstantContact, and MailChimp in sync. To effectively use this app, view your settings for your mail provider to check if it is configured correctly.
View the Data Bridge Settings for Mail Provider
- Go to your Social Good Software account.
- Proceed to Data Bridge.
- Click the Data Bridge you already configured.
- Head over to Widget and click the integration, which can be ActiveCampaign, ConstantContact, or Mailchimp.
- Proceed to Settings to check if it’s all set up correctly.
- Under Widget Settings are
- Widget Name: Name of the mail provider you want to integrate with Altru
- Update Frequency: How often the updates happen in a day
- Mailing List: Name of the list you created in your mail provider where contacts will be syncing.
- Under Widget Settings are
- Test Integration
- This function will make you go through 22 tests to check if you set the Data Bridge accurately. These tests will help verify if you configure your settings correctly.
- On the other side, you will see the settings for the mail provider (in this case, ActiveCampaign) and Altru. We recommend setting it up like the image below.
Altru Settings (Recommended):
- If a constituent is not found in Altru create a new record > Disabled
- If enabled, it will create a new record in Altru based on the contacts found from a third-party mail provider, which in this example is ActiveCampaign.
- If duplicate records are found update subscription attributes >Disabled
- It will update all duplicate records when enabled.
- Map fields for constituent > Enabled
- Click the little gear to start mapping.
- Add an attribute to the constituent for the selected list > Enabled
- Will add attributes to the constituent records on a specific integration. Click the little gear to map the subscription attribute.
- Attach a note to the constituent with SYNC updates > Enabled
- It will attach a note type to a specific record in Altru every time an update happens. Click the little gear to map a note type.
- Once the Settings in the SGS app are correctly configured, enable the integration and click Save Settings. It will then start the syncing process between Altru and the mail provider (ActiveCampaign).
Preview your Integration
Proceed to the preview tab to see what will happen to the integration once enabled. It will show you side-by-side the contacts from the Altru and the mail provider, which in this case is ActiveCampaign. Note that it will only reveal the first 500 contacts, which shows what operations and updates will happen on both systems.
Depending on the size of your list, it may take some time to generate the preview. Once it loads, you can apply filters to see the contacts that need updates, individuals that unsubscribe, and duplicate records.
Click Sync Data to start syncing your data on both systems.
Go to the sync activity tab to check the operations that you did. Choose the date when you did the activity, and it will show you the details of the operation.
This function will help you clean your data. On the left are settings you can enable to have a clean record. Don’t forget to click save settings to save the changes you made.
The tool will not update your data on the system, but you can download the complete clean records in a CSV and XLSX format and upload them back to your mail provider so you will have clean data.
View your settings for your mail provider to audit and verify if you configure it correctly. Follow this process discreetly to make the two systems in sync.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions or if you need clarifications. We are always happy to help!