Create a reserved events query with Altru to show the availability in your calendar. Follow this guide to understand how the calendar updates with availability and learn the use of capacity.
The Process to Get the Availability
1. Create two queries for a calendar of a specific event.
- Calendar query (Query #1)
- It is a query that shows the current number of tickets or items you set up for a specific event in Altru. It will give you the capacity for each time slot and hour.
- Reserved events query (Query #2)
- It is a query that gives you the record of all the items sold in which you need to add them all.
2. Subtract the total number of sold items in query 2 from the capacity in query 1 to get the availability.
Note: Repeat the process for every date to get availability.
You have to do the manual computation to get the availability in your calendar because Altru doesn’t give us the ability to query it. It is a process that we found for you to be able to show availability in your calendar while working around Altru’s limitations. Though it is not a perfect solution and the process is not always accurate, it still gives you a result close to the actual availability number.
Process of creating a reserved events query:
1. In Altru, click the Add an ad-hoc query.
2. Select Sales Order inside the dialog box because you need to get the sum of all the items sold. Remove any query before you start a new one.
3. Go to Sales Orders > Sales Order item > Sales Order Item Ticket > Program Events
4. On the Program Events, you need the following:
5. Next is to restrict the following query:
- Start Date
- In this demo, we will make it a rolling calendar which means past things are not included.
- Set it as On or After
- The Specific date is Today. Click OK
- Set to ‘Equal to’ Program_Name
- Example: Museum Admission
- Refund Status
- Back to Sales Orders and drag it to the ‘includes record where’ area then set it as equal to zero (0). This means that no refunds happen on these items.
- Sales Order Status
- Set it to ‘One of’
- Select complete and confirmed.
6. Give the query a name before you Save and Close.
7. Copy the OData link of the previously created reserved events query and proceed to the calendar that you are working on then click +OData Link.
8. Paste the previously copied link then click Next. Wait as the app validates the link.
9. Click ADD LINK after it validates the link.
How to check if the Calendar was Configured Correctly
1: Go to Reserved Event Query and click the little gear.
2: An option will pop out that you can set up to make sure that you configure your calendar correctly.
- Max Capacity Reach. It is an option to hide or show the sold-out events.
- Hide the events. The sold-out events will no longer be shown on your calendar.
- Show the events. You can customize the look of the sold-out events on your calendar. The total item sold is calculated based on the items processed within the sales order so discreetly check if your calendar is mapped correctly.
3: Click Save Settings once all is set.
4: Proceed to Event Name and put on the ‘availability’ to show it to your calendar for the given event and time based on the calculation made with the reserved event query.
Once you have your reserved event query, you will now be able to see the capacity and quantity on your calendar. You can adjust your query and make revisions to suit your organization’s preference. If you have more questions please reach out to us through our support channel.