Required steps before you can add tags:
- Set up your Data Bridge.
- Configure your Widget in Social Good Software.
- Create a list in Active Campaign where you can move your contacts from Altru.
- Build queries in Altru to move contacts to ActiveCampaign.
How ActiveCampaign tags work with Altru
- Go to your Social Good Software account.
- Proceed to the Data Bridge you set up.
- Click the ActiveCampaign widget you configured.
- Move to Settings. Make sure to set it up correctly. The name of the list you created in ActiveCampaign should be the same as the name of the Mailing List in the SGS Widget settings.
- Proceed to Preview to view your Altru contacts. You can also enable the filters to check the status of your list.
- Once done setting it up, you can click the SYNC DATA button to push your contacts from Altru to ActiveCampaign. Syncing the list will take some time, depending on the number of contacts you want to sync.
|Warning: Check your subscription plan with your mail provider before you click the Sync Data, especially when migrating a huge number of contacts because the more contacts you sync, the higher your bill.|
- Once complete, you can proceed to the ActiveCampaign list to check the contacts you moved. Open the list to view the contacts you sync with Altru.
Adding Tags In ActiveCampaign
- Open the record where you want to add tags. Scroll down until you find the tags section.
- Open the same record in Altru. A dialog will pop out where you need to select the Constituent Page.
- Proceed to Attributes in Altru to check if the list has been added.
- You can now add Tags to ActiveCampaign, which these tags can be anything. With this, you can send emails specifically to the added tags depending on how you tag individuals.
Adding ActiveCampaign tags and how it works with Altru
- Add tags to your ActiveCampaign contact in the Tag section.
- Go back to Data Bridge and click SYNC DATA.
- Proceed to your Altru record once the syncing process is complete. You will see that the added tags in ActiveCampaign were moved to the Altru record.
- You can also add tags through Altru and push them to ActiveCampaign. Just proceed to the Altru record and on the Attributes section, click Add button. A dialog will pop out where you need to fill in the Category and Value before clicking OK.
- Go back to Data Bridge in Social Good Software and click SYNC DATA. Once the syncing process is complete, refresh your ActiveCampaign record so you will see the changes made.
With tags, you will be able to organize your contacts. It will be easier for you to send emails to people when they are categorized using tags.
Please reach us at email@example.com if you have questions or clarifications. We are always happy to help!